I am a tenure track assistant professor at the Department of Computer Science at RWTH Aachen University. My research focuses on security and privacy challenges of industrial networks and industrial data sharing, especially in the energy and production sectors. I continue to be affilliated with the Cyber Analysis & Defense (CA&D) department at the Fraunhofer Institute for Communication, Information Processing and Ergonomics FKIE. Before, I headed the Security and Privacy research group at the chair of Communication and Distributed Systems (COMSYS) at RWTH Aachen University. I was a research intern at the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) at the University of Luxembourg. I studied computer science at RWTH Aachen University, where I obtained a Diploma degree (equiv. M.Sc.) and a PhD (Dr. rer. nat.). My advisor was Klaus Wehrle. My academic achievements were awarded with the Nachwuchsförderpreis Verbraucherforschung NRW, the Borchers-Plakette and the ICT Young Researcher Award.
- 2022-07: Konrad strikes again, paper on intentionally simple and easy to understand industrial intrusion detection approaches accepted at ESORICS 2022!
- 2022-06: Upcoming RAID 2022 paper on making industrial intrusion detection more broadly applicable!
- 2022-04: Two papers accepted at ACM WiSec 2022. Great work, Eric!
- 2022-01: Joining the TPC of ACM WiSec 2022.
- 2021-12: ACSAC 2021 paper on reproducible and adaptable log data generation, our cyberattack experimentation testbed is available as open-source.
- 2021-11: Upcoming AsiaCCS 2022 paper on measuring the (lack of) TLS support in the Industrial Internet of Things.
- 2021-10: Starting new position as tenure track assistant professor at RWTH Aachen University.
- 2021-09: Our interdisciplinary Fraunhofer Center for Digital Energy is on fire with papers accepted at SEST 2021, Sensors journal, CIRED 2021 and ISGT-Europe 2021.
- 2021-05: Our state-of-the-art paper on securing the Industrial Internet of Things got published in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- 2021-01: Joining the TPC of ACM WiSec 2021.
- 2020-10: Our research on insecure OPC UA deployments got featured by heise online and All-Electronics (in German).
- 2020-08: Paper on an Internet-wide study on insecure OPC UA deployments accepted at IMC.
- 2020-07: Kicking off our interdisciplinary efforts within the newly founded Fraunhofer Center for Digital Energy with two papers accepted for EnergyCon and SEST.
- 2020-06: A future issue of IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing will feature our work on realizing data handling requirements-aware cloud storage systems.
- My Erdős number is (at most) four. Please let me know if you know about any shorter path. Some notable paths of length four include:
- Four papers I co-authored are listed in Free Haven’s Selected Papers in Anonymity